Read help info
If you're using a POP3 email account in your email application on your computer, you can also set it up on your device. Follow these instructions to set up your device for POP3 email.
Please note that these instructions are based on a POP3 email account. If you have a web-based email account, such as Hotmail, Yahoo! Mail or Gmail, you need to use the settings for web-based email. Click here for information on how to the set up your device for web-based email.
1. Find "Access Point Names"
2. Create new data connection
3. Enter data connection name
4. Enter APN
5. Enter country code
6. Enter network code
7. Select authentication type
8. Select APN type
9. Save and activate data connection
10. Find "Email"
11. Enter email address
12. Enter password
13. Select server type
14. Enter username
15. Enter incoming server
16. Turn encryption of incoming email messages on or off
17. Enter incoming port
18. Turn deletion of email messages on server on or off
19. Enter outgoing server
Please note that if you can't send email messages when using your email provider's outgoing server, key in smtp.vodafone.net.au (Vodafone's outgoing server).
20. Turn off encryption of outgoing email messages
21. Enter outgoing port
22. Turn SMTP authentication on or off
Follow the instructions on the display to key in the username and password for your email account.
Please note that if you're using Vodafone's outgoing server, turn off SMTP authentication and leave the username and password fields empty.
23. Select setting for retrieving new email messages
24. Enter account name
25. Enter sender name
26. Retrieve email messages
Wait while your device retrieves new email messages.